Common Hyundai Vehicle Problems And Faults With Each Model
When it comes to Hyundai servicing and repairs in Perth, the team at Auto Smart Mechanical has seen it all.
As one of the top-rated mobile mechanics in Perth with 60+ ‘5-star’ reviews on Google, we’ve worked on hundreds of Hyundai cars and 4WD’s for servicing and repairs.
With Hyundai servicing Perth, we’ve worked on all the popular models such as the i10, i20, i30, ix35 i40, Getz, Accent, Elantra, Sonata, Tuscon, and Santa Fe.
And with our vast experience in Hyundai repairs Perth, we’ve fixed all the well-known faults such as steering coupling (loud clunking/knocking noise when turning), brake problems, engine problems, suspension, and more.
Hyundai Cars Common Faults And Problems
There’s a reason why Hyundai ranks third in auto sales in Australia – it’s a good, serviceable car. From the entry-level, affordably priced i30 to the bigger, pricier Santa Fe, you’re getting your money’s worth with a Hyundai.
However, like any other car, Hyundai has faults and problems. Regardless of the model you own, you may experience problems that are electrical, mechanical, or equipment-related in nature. Add to that, wear and tear as your vehicle adds kilometres to the clock.
We’ve created this guide summarising the common faults and problems of various Hyundai models.
For Hyundai Perth, if you’re experiencing issues with your vehicle that aren’t covered by this guide, give us a call and one of our Perth mobile mechanics can assist either over the phone or with an in-person inspection at your home or workplace.
For now, here’s a list of Hyundai problems and issues and that you may have already encountered, or perhaps will encounter in the future. But with regular preventative-maintenance, the likelihood of these problems occurring can be reduced significantly.
Hyundai i30 Problems
In terms of Hyundai i30 reliability, overall it’s a reliable car, but some of the reported Hyundai i30 issues include:
- Manufacturing error in the electronic control circuit board in its Anti-Lock Braking System.
- Faulty electrical sensors from the engine to the dashboard.
- Intermittently flashing EPS warning light on the dashboard.
- Inadequate windscreen seals that lead to greater windscreen condensation and leaks into the cabin.
- Inability of the handbrake to keep the vehicle steady at very steep heights.
A Hyundai i30 service cost starts from $244.50. Servicing with us means you can keep your new car warranty, and for older models, regular servicing will help keep your car maintenance and repair costs down over the long term.
For Hyundai i30 repairs Perth, costs can vary significantly depending on what the issue is, what parts need to be replaced. For a quote, it’s best to give us a call for a quick chat to discuss the issue or potentially arrange an inspection in person by one of our mechanics.
Hyundai i40 Problems
A wonderful car with good fuel economy but quite a few Hyundai i40 reviews share a few Hyundai i40 issues that you should be aware of:
- Faulty remote locking system might become an inconvenience. We recommend that your Hyundai i40 service schedule includes a complete check up of the remote locking system.
- Brake pads wear out after logging 12,000kms.
- Lack of legroom in the back.
- Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) might shut-off midway into the regeneration process and lead to quicker soot build-up in the oil filter.
- Clutch/gearbox tends to wear out fast after accumulating 36,000kms.
A Hyundai i40 service cost starts from $244.50 with the team here at Auto Smart. Keep your warranty in tact with our manufacturer log book servicing.
For Hyundai i40 repairs Perth, costs can differ depending on what the problem is and what part or parts need replacing. For an accurate quote, it’s recommended to give us a call for a quick chat to discuss the issue and possibly arrange an in-person inspection by one of our mechanics.
Hyundai Accent Problems
Overall, the Hyundai Accent reliability is good. There are a few issues to be aware of such as:
- Leaking boot that may create water build-up in the trunk.
- Defective ignition coil that may cause your engine to misfire.
- Faulty transmission could make it difficult to shift gears.
- Shoddy window regulators may cause electric windows to function poorly.
A Hyundai Accent service cost starts from $244.50 which includes changing oil, checking filters, fluid levels and much more as per the manufacturer’s warranty specifications.
For Hyundai Accent repairs Perth, costs can vary depending on the problem, the part or parts to replace and the time it will take to make the repairs. For a quote, either call us directly or book an appointment online to have our mechanic inspect the vehicle in person to then provide an accurate quote.
Hyundai Elantra Problems
The Elantra is a fantastic mid-sized car with good fuel economy and enough space for the family and boot space for all your gear.
Hyundai Elantra problems to be on the lookout for include the following:
- Engine issues with a reported inability to cool down and frequent stalling.
- Engine mounts that wear out fast and cause noise to come out of the engine
- Defective window regulators that cause the automatic window feature to malfunction.
- Issues with the Electronic Power Steering Wheel connector that could lead to a loss of power in the power steering system.
- Another Hyundai Elantra common problem is that a suspect electrical system leads to issues with the ignition system, the car alarm, and the power brake assist.
A Hyundai Elantra service cost starts from $244.50 and is performed in keeping with manufacturer’s specifications to ensure you keep your new car warranty, and for older vehicles, keep your maintenance and repairs down over the long run.
For Hyundai Elantra repairs Perth, costs can vary based on what needs repairing and how long it will take to fix. For an accurate quote, please call us directly or book an appointment online for one of our experienced mechanics to inspect the vehicle in person and provide a quote on the spot.
Hyundai Sonata Problems
The Sonata has a few problems and mechanical issues that you should be aware of. During your Hyundai first service, we recommend having the sensors thoroughly checked.
Hyundai Sonata issues include the following:
- Issues with the brakes; we recommend that regular brake check up be part of the Hyundai Sonata service package.
- Malfunctioning central locking system that creates a buzzing noise or lead to the system being completely inoperable.
- Faulty sensors may cause the engine to misfire when the Sonata is on fifth gear.
- Sonata owners report issues on fuel efficiency and fuel pump failure as the car racks up the kilometres.
- Difficulty in shifting out of park setting especially during cold weather.
A Hyundai Sonata service cost starts from $244.50 and you’ll keep your new car warranty in tact with our log book servicing that is in keeping with manufacturer guidelines.
For Hyundai Sonata repairs Perth, costs can range from low to high depending on the repair(s) required, the parts needing to be replaced and the time it takes to fix. For a fast, accurate quote, call us direct or book an appointment here on our website and our Hyundai mechanic nearby will visit your home or workplace to inspect the vehicle and provide an accurate quote on the spot.
Hyundai Tucson Problems
Hyundai Tucson common problems that were disclosed by owners of the 2012 and 2016 models included the following:
- The SUV would not accelerate from a completely dead-stop position.
- Engine would seize then eventually shut down. Your Hyundai Tucson service with our mobile mechanic will include a well-detailed inspection of your engine.
- Issue with the speed sensors of the transmission that would make it difficult to shift gears.
- Lower gas mileage than what was advertised about the Tucson.
- Air-Conditioning unit of the 2019 Tucson has a problem of blowing warm air intermittently.
A Hyundai Tuscon service cost starts from $244.50 and is completed in line with manufacturer requirements to ensure you keep your new car warranty.
For Hyundai Tucson repairs Perth, costs can vary depending on the part that needs fixing or replacing and the time taken to do so. To get an accurate quote, give us a quick call or book an appointment here on our website for one of our mechanics to come to your home or work to inspect the vehicle and provide an accurate quote.
Hyundai Santa Fe Problems
Hyundai Santa Fe reviews have identified a few problems that are common with this model:
- Electrical issues with the engine are a Hyundai Santa Fe problem for models built from March 2005 to September 2009.
- Scraping noise coming from the steering wheel during turns.
- The engine tends to jerk aggressively while trying to accelerate.
- 2009 Santa Fe owners complain that the paint tends to flake off within the first year.
- Faulty actuators lead to issues with the Santa Fe’s central locking system.
A Hyundai Santa Fe service cost starts from $244.50, meeting all manufacturer log book specifications to ensure you keep your warranty in tact.
For Hyundai Santa Fe repairs Perth, costs can vary based on the repair required, the part or parts that need repairing or replacing, etc. It’s best to either call us direct for a quick chat or book an appointment with one of our mobile mechanics to inspect the vehicle and provide a quote on the spot.
Hyundai Veloster Problems
The Veloster has an eye-catching design that brings together elements of a hatchback with those of a coupe. Common Hyundai Veloster problems reported by owners include the following:
- Clutch wearing out within 36,000kms.
- Connective rods show advanced wear and tear for Veloster owners who tend to drive the car at high speeds.
- Veloster emits a pinging sound after accumulating more than 36,000kms.
- 2015 Veloster car owners complained of their vehicle randomly losing power within the first 3 months of purchase.
A Hyundai Veloster service cost starts from $244.50 and can be completed by one of our mobile mechanics at your home or workplace according to manufacturer specifications so you keep your new car warranty compliant.
For Hyundai Veloster repairs Perth, costs will depend on the part or parts that need repairing or replacing and the time taken to do so. We recommend to give us a quick call for a chat or book an appointment here on our website to arrange an in-person inspection by one of our qualified mobile mechanics who will provide an on-the-spot quote.
Hyundai Genesis Problems
Owners of the Genesis are generally happy with the performance of this model. We’ve observed a few Hyundai Genesis common problems that were verified by the car owners:
- Slow response time of the throttle at light to medium acceleration.
- Brakes tend to wear out fast after accumulating more than 61,000kms.
- 2012 and 2015 Genesis owners have reported their vehicle losing power or shutting down a few times even when driving at low speeds.
- The engine takes a while to start when the weather is cold.
A Hyundai Genesis service cost starts from $244.50, which you can book at your home or workplace with one of our mobile mechanics and keep your manufacturer warranty in tact.
For Hyundai Genesis repairs Perth, costs will differ based on the part or parts that need either repairing or replacing, along with the time taken to do so. It’s better to call us direct for a quick chat to discuss the issue or book an appointment online with one of our mechanics to inspect in person and give you a quote on the spot.
Hyundai iLoad Problems
We’ve had iLoad owners ask our help in servicing quite a few common Hyundai iLoad problems.
What is clear from these problems is that proper maintenance of the iLoad’s turbo-charger engine should always be part of your Hyundai service quote.
- The Hyundai iLoad issue with the DC4B turbo-charger engine that tends to experience problems after racking up more than 100,000kms.
- Fuel injectors wear out and cause oil to leak into the sump then eventually accumulate and carry over into the engine.
- Defective thrust bearing and a suspect clutch kit/dual mass flywheel caused the gearbox to emit a whining sound.
- Faulty actuator caused the iLoad to lose power usually after accumulating 9,000kms.
A Hyundai iLoad service cost starts from $244.50 and you keep your manufacturer’s warranty in tact with our qualified mobile mechanics who come to you, Mon to Fri 8am – 5pm.
For Hyundai iLoad repairs Perth, costs can affected by factors such as the part or parts that will need repairing or replacing and the time involved. We recommend giving us a quick call to discuss the problem or booking an appointment for one of our qualified mobile mechanics to inspect and provide an on-the-spot quote.
Hyundai Ioniq Problems
The Ioniq is fairly new to the hybrid market and only has one generation available – those manufactured from 2017 to 2019. With only a few years on the market, the Hyundai Ioniq problems have been quite interesting.
As you can see from the list of Hyundai Ioniq common faults, our service recommendations will include a check up of its electrical system.
- Soy-based wires tend to be chewed on by rats and other vermin.
- Loose wheel nuts that cause instability while driving.
- Looseness in the Power Relay Assembly (PRA) under the rear seat that prevents the electrical components from functioning properly.
- 2017 Ioniq owners have reported cases of coolant leaking into the electric power unit.
- Defective power relay may lead to engine problems such as loss of power.
A Hyundai Ioniq service cost starts from $244.50 with our qualified mobile mechanics. Keep your warranty in place with our manufacturer’s log book servicing.
For Hyundai Ioniq repairs Perth, costs will depend on the problem, the parts and the time to repair or replace parts. For a quote, it’s best to either call us direct for a chat to discuss the issue or book an inspection appointment with one of our mobile mechanics.
Hyundai i10 Problems
The Hyundai i10 is one of the most popular hatchbacks in Australia because of its ease of handling whether you’re in the city or the countryside. Despite its popularity, the i10 has a few problems to be aware of.
Common Hyundai i10 issues include:
● Steering could be difficult when going at high speeds.
● The suspension of the i10 is soft; you will feel it when you go over rough terrain.
● There is a lack of space in the boot and cabins.
● Long drives may feel uncomfortable because the rear seats do not offer lumbar support.
A Hyundai i10 service cost starts from $244.50, and can be done at your home or workplace, Mon to Fri 8am – 5pm, and you’ll keep your new car warranty in place too.
For Hyundai i10 repairs Perth, book an appointment with one of our mobile mechanics or phone us for a quick chat about the problem. Repairs costs will be determined by the parts that require fixing or replacing, and after a brief inspection, our mechanics can provide a more accurate quote.
Hyundai i20 Problems
The first generation series of the Hyundai i20 hatchback model hit Australia in 2008. The i20 was known for its elegant design, stylish interiors, and roomy trunk space. Like other cars, the i20 has several cons to go with its pros.
● Similar to the i10, a pressing i20 concern is the soft suspension system which can lead to a bumpy ride if road conditions are not ideal.
● Another Hyundai i20 problem is that the steering system does not handle turns very well.
● A nagging Hyundai i20 issue raised by car owners is its lack of safety features.
● The windscreen and door seals of i20 models that were made in 2009 are found to be substandard and tend to leak should you be caught in a heavy downpour.
A Hyundai i20 service cost starts from $244.50, completed in-keeping with manufacturer specifications to ensure your warranty remains valid and your car is back on the road in no time thanks to our expert mobile mechanics.
For Hyundai i20 repairs Perth, either chat to our mobile mechanics by phone for an approximate quote or for a more accurate quote, arrange an appointment at your home or office.
Hyundai Getz Problems
The Hyundai Getz won the award for Australia’s Best Small Car in 2003 and 2005 and is a fantastic, affordable option for zipping around the city.
Among the common Hyundai Getz problems we encountered include:
● A suspect suspension system is a common Hyundai Getz problem among owners. They report hearing a clunking noise whenever the Getz drives over uneven surfaces.
● Car owners also report a persistent Hyundai Getz issue of having faulty sensors that lead to some difficulties in starting the engine.
● Wheel bearings of the Getz appear to be not durable as they tend to wear out fast. A clear sign is when you start hearing a rumbling noise coming from the wheels.
● Another Hyundai Getz concern raised by car owners is having defective tappets that produce ticking noise from the engine.
A Hyundai Getz service cost starts from $244.50 for a service that ensures your warranty stays in tact, and can be completed at your home or office by one of our mobile mechanics.
For Hyundai Getz repairs Perth, our mobile mechanics are available weekdays 8am – 5pm. For an accurate quote, it’s best to book an appointment at your home or office for a quick inspection and quote. The majority of repairs can be done on the spot, or if certain parts are required, we can source them quickly and easily and have you back on the road in no time.
Hyundai ix35 Problems
What’s in a name? The Hyundai ix35 was launched in Australia in 2004 the company’s entry into the midsize SUV market and quickly became a popular choice for families because of its generous space and excellent driving experience. In 2015, the Hyundai ix35 was renamed the Hyundai Tucson.
When it was the Hyundai ix35, the SUV experienced a few problems:
● A common Hyundai ix35 problem of the 2014 model was that the tensioning cable in the seat belt pretensioner assembly was not properly secured.
● A Hyundai ix35 issue with the 2016 model was that the transmission cooler hose may have been of substandard quality and could cause fluid leakage and affect the performance of the transmission.
● A Hyundai ix35 concern for owners of models made from 2009 to 2012 was the possibility of oil leak originating from the seal surrounding the engine oil sump that could lead to stalling or engine damage.
● Another possible Hyundai ix35 concern would be if the airbag does not deploy properly if the airbag module retention bolt is not adequately secured.
A Hyundai i35 service cost starts from $244.50 and can be arranged at your home or workplace Mon to Fri 8am – 5pm with one of our qualified mobile mechanics.
For Hyundai i35 repairs Perth, it’s best to book an appointment for one of our qualified mobile mechanics to inspect the vehicle and provide an accurate quote. Most repairs can be made immediately, but if parts need to be sourced, we can do so quickly and have you back on the road in no time.
Hyundai Dealership Service Centre Perth
Although our mobile mechanics can service your Hyundai while still keeping your new car warranty intact, we understand that some people prefer to get their service from their original Hyundai dealer.
Below are several Hyundai dealers in Perth that offer sales and servicing, so please checkout their websites to find out about Hyundai service locations near you.
Here’s a list of Hyundai service centres Perth…
1. John Hughes Hyundai – If you can’t bring the Hyundai to John Hughes Hyundai, the company will send mobile technicians to you and if you need, provide you with transportation service to get you to where you want to go.
Location: Victoria Park
2. Hyundai Service Centre, Wangara – Wild West Hyundai in Wangara services a wide range of Hyundai models and makes it easier for you to get an appointment with its online booking service.
3. Hyundai Service Centre, Melville – The Melville Hyundai service centre takes customer experience one level higher with its Openpay system that allows you more time to pay for your car’s servicing and the accessories you bought.
4. Hyundai Service Centre, Midland – The Midland Hyundai service centre will make the car servicing experience easier for you by scheduling a contactless pickup arrangement at your home or place of work.
Location: Midland City
5. Hyundai Service Centre, Tuggerah – Booth’s Hyundai Service Centre in Tuggerah assures you of top quality service by hiring only qualified technicians and using the latest equipment and diagnostic tools to get your Hyundai car in fine running condition.
6. Hyundai Service Centre, Earlville – Trinity Hyundai Service Centre in Earlville has an online booking service to make it more convenient for you to schedule the servicing and repair of your Hyundai.
Hyundai Car Repairs Perth (Mobile Repairs)
For Hyundai repairs Perth, our experienced mobile mechanics can visit your home or workplace to fix any problems quickly and easily to get you back on the road asap.
If you’re searching for ‘Hyundai repairs near me’, we make it easy as our mobile mechanics can come to you… so no need to drop your vehicle off to a Hyundai repair centre and wait around half a day.
We can repair both manual and automatic transmissions, so for Hyundai repair manual, we can fix any issues quickly and have you back on the road the same day, or in very rare cases, the next day, if we have to order a specific part to replace.
What can we do for you? Our Hyundai repair procedures follow manufacturer specifications so that if your vehicle is still under warranty, you can have us repair your vehicle and still maintain your new car warranty.
Here is our Hyundai repair checklist:
- Car Electrical Problems
- Car Fluids Leaking
- Car Fluids Top Up
- Fan Belts Worn, Torn, or Broken
- Excessive Oil Consumption
- Worn Out Brake Pads
- Radiator Leaks
- Uneven Tyre Wear
- Malfunctioning Sensors
- Transmission Fluid Leaks
- Clogged Filters – Air, Oil, and Fuel
- Car Battery Problems
- Starter Motor
Hyundai repair costs will vary depending on the model and the extent of the repairs. For a quote before you book an appointment, give us a call so we can discuss the repairs needed and provide a more accurate quote, or we’ll arrange a time to meet to assess the repairs required, and provide an exact quote.
Hyundai Car Service Perth (Mobile Servicing)
For a car service Perth, our Hyundai mechanics can work on all models and get you back on the road in no time.
So when your vehicle needs a service, call Auto Smart Mechanical or book your Hyundai service online. Our experienced mobile mechanics will have you back on the road in no time.
Your Hyundai car service history is an important part of selling your car in the future, so regular log book servicing is important not just to keep your car running optimally, but to help you sell your car in the future.
Book your Hyundai service appointment online here on our website for all models from i10 up to a Tuscon and Santa Fe.
Hyundai service costs will depend on the type of vehicle and the extent of the repair and we’ve listed those above under each model.
For a fast, efficient Hyundai service Perth, the team at Auto Smart Mechanical will visit your home or office and thoroughly go through the following Hyundai service checklist:
- Oils and fluids check and top-up
- Safety Inspection
- Brakes Check
- Exhaust Check
- Transmission Check
- Steering and Suspension Check
- Engine Belts and Hoses (External) Check
- Lights Check
- Tyres and Pressures Check
- Windscreen Wipers and Washes Check
- Battery Test
- Cooling System and Coolant Condition Test
- Brake Fluid Check
- Air and Fuel Filters (External) Check
- Replace Oil and Oil Filter
- Check/replace (standard) Spark Plugs
- Air Conditioning System Check
- Repack All-Wheel Bearings
- Change All-Trans Line Oils
- Replace Oil and Oil Filter
- Inspect Belts and Hoses
- Brakes and Brake Fluid Check
- Air Conditioning Operation
- Cooling System Test
- Battery Check
- Transmission Check
- Steering and Suspension Check
- Lights and Tyres Check
- Windscreen Wipers and Washes Check
- Air and Fuel Filters Check
As reliable Hyundai mechanics Perth, we will visit your home or office in the following suburbs in Perth:
- City Beach
- Osborne Park
Hyundai Service Prices
Our Hyundai service prices are competitive, especially that we’re a mobile mechanic and come to you at your home or workplace, which saves you valuable time and inconvenience by not having to take your car to a Hyundai service centre and either wait around half a day or worse, drive off in a loaner car.
We’ve listed our starting prices/price ranges above for Hyundai servicing and repairs. If you’d like a custom quote for your vehicle, contact us directly by phone for a quick chat.
Finding a reliable Perth Hyundai mechanic is either a matter of working with someone you know, such as the dealership where you bought your vehicle, or using google reviews of local mechanics to guide you to a reliable one.
With 60+ 5-star reviews, Auto Smart Mechanical have demonstrated trust and reliability, and if you’d like to arrange an appointment with one of our mobile mechanics, you can do so here.
Thankyou for reading and we hope to be of service to you soon.
Owner, Auto Smart Mechanical.